March 14, 2019
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The Senior Consultant plays a key role at CRE, responsible for strengthening social change organizations by leading the design and implementation of a variety of consulting, coaching, and training engagements. For this particular position, CRE is looking for a seasoned consultant with experience in organizational development and specific expertise in strategic planning. Partnering with a cross-section of CRE clients, they will be accountable for achieving the outcomes and deliverables for those engagements. The Senior Consultant also will be responsible for product development; supporting business development; increasing CRE’s visibility in the sector; continuous learning, and sharing of new practices that deepen expertise within CRE and the sector. They will be expected to contribute to the organization’s growth and development and may at some point have supervisory responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to the social sector and CRE’s mission of strengthening organizations to reduce poverty, promote equity, and increase opportunity. They will exemplify and promote CRE’s core values, including our commitment to racial equity.
As a representative of CRE to internal and external partners, the Senior Consultant must have the ability to maintain a broad focus while attending to details, and to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively and efficiently. This position requires excellent writing, speaking, critical-thinking, teamwork and engagement skills, in a way that builds trust with social sector clients and achieves outcomes for their organizations.
Client Services and sector impact
- Lead broad, multi-faceted consulting engagements, specifically in strategic planning, as well as in other CRE practice areas
- Lead leadership development using peer-based learning, team facilitation, and coaching
- Bring a variety of perspectives and analysis to client work, including broad knowledge of how different organizational development areas intersect and add value to the work
- Build and maintain client relationships built on trust and collaboration; navigate the various dynamics that can exist among multiple stakeholders
- Lead and contribute to client projects amounting to a specific revenue target each year, to be determined with CRE leadership
- Lead CRE project teams that involve multiple stakeholders, coordinating between team members and clients while also mentoring and supporting CRE team members
- Manage projects effectively and seamlessly – including budgets, schedules, and timelines – while ensuring clarity in client communications
- Share insights and expertise by writing for knowledge-sharing outlets and social sector publications, and presenting at sector-wide events
- Prepare proposals to potential clients; over time, bring in repeat and new clients to CRE
- Develop and expand CRE’s services to meet the needs of clients
Contributions to CRE
- Support colleagues and internal efforts that drive CRE’s growth and development, including contributing to CRE’s knowledge management initiatives by writing articles, blogs, or case studies and serving as a resource to other colleagues and teams
- Participate actively in staff meetings and professional development initiatives
- Support, model and advance racial equity within the organization
- Collaborate with marketing staff to promote CRE’s offerings and special events
- Adhere to CRE’s contracting, program policies, and processes (e.g., time entry, Salesforce entries, budget management, relationship management, documentation)
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of five years of consulting experience or executive leadership at a nonprofit
- Experience in organizational development and capacity building
- Understanding of and experience with strategic planning
- Understanding and appreciation of change management principles and processes
- Ability to identify and design appropriate consulting strategies/interventions for clients, as well as the ability to pivot when situations require a different course of action
- Demonstrated experience in research and design methodologies such as survey design, program design, program development, prototyping, scaling or innovation, research to practice, and financial modeling
- Familiarity with organizational assessment and diagnostics, quantitative and qualitative review methods, nonprofit finance, operations, compliance, and governance
- Strong knowledge of the sector, particularly nonprofits addressing poverty and social justice; understanding of the philanthropic world is a plus
- Knowledge of and point of view on societal and racial inequities that frame the challenges CRE’s clients tackle
- Self-awareness of social identities and how to manage dynamics of difference and power in interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in a second language (in addition to English) preferred
- Strong client service orientation and an approach to clients as partners
- Proactive and a can-do attitude
- Strong problem solver and creative thinker
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; able to synthesize data to recognize trends
- Outstanding project management skills; organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple complex projects at one time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and present ideas effectively with presence
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
- A team player; collaborative, collegial, and supportive with a sense of humor
- Empathetic; able to meet clients, partners, and staff where they’re at
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Senior Consultant” in the subject line.
CRE offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disability Act.