Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Classification: Non-exempt, full-time
Pay rate: $18.50-$20.50/hour
Start Date: Immediate
About The Resolution Project
The Resolution Project (“Resolution”) is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution funds, mentors, and supports undergraduate students starting social enterprises in their home communities around the world. Over 450 Resolution Fellows, in 77 countries and 21 states across the U.S., are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief, impacting over 1.6 million people with their work. Their impact ranges from life-improving to life-saving, their leadership transforms what their communities expect of leaders, and their example serves as a beacon for other young people to see their own capacity for change. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors. We are now seeking an exceptional individual who is passionate about transformative leadership and the power of young people to change the world to join our growing team!
About the Position
The Operations Coordinator will be an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual who will work closely with the Chief of Staff to support all office operations activities, with a goal of making it as easy as possible for the people at Resolution to focus on working towards our mission. The candidate will serve as the friendly “face of Resolution,” welcoming guests, organizing team activities, and supporting program and development staff members across a variety of administrative functions. The Operations Coordinator will have a number of project-based and longer-term tasks, creating operational efficiencies and enabling the organization’s success. Resolution supports the growth and learning of all of our staff. Depending on the candidate, their skills, interests, and organizational need, there may be avenues for the Operations Coordinator to pursue increased depth of responsibility in areas such as human resources, executive support, operations management, database management, or other functions. The candidate should have a flexible schedule, and be prepared to join phone and in-person meetings earlier and later than regular business hours, including occasional weekends, with appropriate compensation and/or schedule modifications.
- Planning and logistics management for all operations needs, including working with technology vendors and building management to solve short-term and long-term issues.
- Responsible for ordering and keeping track of office supplies and equipment, ensuring materials are organized, and setting up and straightening up the office.
- Plan team-building and professional development experiences for staff, including researching and proposing new types of engagements.
- Be the first point of contact at Resolution’s office. Welcome guests, answer and route office calls, and respond to general email inquiries.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to provide human resources support for on-boarding of new staff members, ensuring their introduction to Resolution is as smooth and supportive as possible.
- Recognize and celebrate staff, volunteer, Fellow, and community member accomplishments. Organize birthday and work anniversary recognition, send notes and gifts to mark special occasions.
- Research and identify areas where Resolution can continue to improve our operations, especially through the lenses of sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Make travel arrangements for staff and Fellows ahead of events.
- Other general office administration, research, and special projects as needed.
- Manage volunteer election and re-election processes in coordination with all departments, including sending letters via DocuSign, updating website biographies, and tracking changes in Salesforce.
- Draft recommendation and partnership letters as needed.
Event and Fundraising Support
- Order and organize materials ahead of events, especially large fundraising events.
- Help manage logistics of load-in/load-out with building management and other stakeholders.
- Ad hoc event support as needed.
- At least one year of relevant work or strong internship experience.
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- High level of written and oral communications skills with a friendly, inclusive, and professional approach.
- Ability to handle sensitive information about team members, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
- Self-starter with a team-player attitude. We are a small and entrepreneurial professional staff with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ culture, so we are looking for someone who is excited about lending a hand to other staff and volunteers, who can also work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs, and a high level of general computer competency preferred.
- Familiarity/experience with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus.
- Passionate about young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship preferred.
Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision coverage, transit check, FSA, and HSA options.
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected]. You must include “Operations Coordinator” as the subject line of the email—please include how you found out about this opportunity. No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, family and medical leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.