January 21, 2020
Marketing and Communications Manager
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
For forty years, CRE has prepared leaders and strengthened organizations to drive change in their communities. As we prepare for the next phase of our strategic growth, we are seeking a bold and courageous storyteller to join our team. This Marketing and Communications Manager (“Manager”) will oversee all external marketing and communications efforts to advance CRE’s impact and help steer the direction of our external-facing work. The Manager will seamlessly communicate CRE’s organizational vision, goals, priorities and thought leadership with the sector and simultaneously incorporate the interests of CRE, our staff, clients and communities. As a brand ambassador for CRE, the Manager will bring skill and sensitivity in presenting a racial equity lens, and be committed to proactively engaging in learning, conversation, and reflection around race, equity, and cultural competence. The Manager will interface internally with program, development and fiscal staff, as well as with the President & CEO. Externally, this person may interface with the CRE Board, funders, and clients. This position reports directly to the Director of Strategic Development.
The Manager will exemplify and promote CRE’s values, including our commitment to racial equity. Additionally, this person must possess excellent writing, speaking, critical-thinking, teamwork, and engagement skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications:
-Refine and steward communications plan to further promote CRE’s brand and thought leadership work
- Use strategic skills to create a marketing calendar that communicates CRE’s thought leadership and programmatic excellence while appealing to potential clients, donors, and the media
- Promote thought leadership work and organizational expertise through published articles, speaking engagements, and panel presentations for the President and CEO as well as other staff members
- Lead all external communications efforts
- Manage all media contacts, including Public Relations firm
-Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral
- Manage annual report content, design, and distribution
- Regularly update collateral with compelling content and testimonials of CRE’s work and impact
- Set annual calendar for newsletter distribution and blog creation
- Oversee website content development, updates, maintenance, and analytics
- Ensure all external images and content reflect CRE’s values and commitment to racial equity
-Refresh CRE’s digital media content and strategy
- Refine digital media plan and refresh with strategic social media trends
- Streamline digital media efforts to consistently promote CRE’s client work and thought leadership practice
- Maintain an updated inventory of photo and video content; assess all visual images through a lens of diversity, equity and inclusion
Research and Tracking:
- Research and identify prospective media outlets and communications vehicles to promote CRE’s work and brand
- Track and evaluate the level of engagement with CRE’s marketing and communication initiatives (i.e., social media, newsletter, etc.)
- Contribute creatively to devising content for public programs and special events; coordinate logistics for public programs
- Prepare Power Points and other presentations for Board and other stakeholders as needed
- Support fundraising efforts of the Strategic Development team as needed (i.e., events, donor cultivation support, etc.)
- Effectively carry out other projects and tasks, as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- B.A./B.S. degree
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- InDesign, Word Press and Constant Contact experience preferred
- Ability to approach marketing and communications with an anti-racist lens, or willingness to learn
- Commitment to high-quality work, productivity, and self-development
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as necessary
- Strong writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- A team player; collaborative; able to build interpersonal relationships across departments
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.
CRE offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disability Act.