September 28, 2018
Marketing and Communications Intern
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Reports to: Marketing and Communication Manager
Start date: October or November 2018
About Community Resource Exchange (CRE)
CRE is a nonprofit consulting firm that provides the strategies and tools needed to build sustainable, high-performing organizations that improve people’s lives and drive social change. We are privileged to partner annually with nearly 400 organizations, large and small, that are working to create opportunity and catalyze change.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager, and will work one to two days per week October 2018 to May 2019. They will assist with the graphic design for practice area two pagers and cohort flyers, Google AdWords and remarketing campaigns, and with social media planning and posting as well. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience in a dynamic organization that strengthens the leadership and infrastructure of social sector organizations focused on social and economic justice. This is an unpaid internship, but a travel and lunch stipend will be offered, as well as the chance to sit one-to-one with CRE senior management and learn about our organization and working in the social sector.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintenance and reporting on Google AdWords and remarketing campaigns
- Reporting on Google analytics
- Planning, implementing, and reporting on social media, growing our engagement and supporter base
- Design of our practice area two pagers
- Design of cohort flyers and downloadable tools on the website
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CRE
- Bachelor’s Degree recently completed or currently being studied, preferably in design, communications, or related to the social sector
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to analyze data and create clear written materials
- Interest in and knowledge of marketing and communications practices
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the Adobe design suite is a necessity (primarily InDesign and Photoshop), and Microsoft Office and Google docs experience is preferred.
- Sense of humor
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act