Human Resources Director
About The League Education and Treatment Center
The League Education and Treatment Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with psychiatric and developmental disabilities. Each day, we serve over 500 at-risk and underserved children and adults from all parts of the greater New York City area.
About the Position
The League Center is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, HR Director to develop, recommend and implement human resources structures, policies and programs for a nonprofit agency with 350+ employees that serves children and adults with psychiatric disabilities and developmental delays.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Conducts full lifecycle recruiting for positions at all levels in the agency.
- Fosters a positive, productive work environment by coaching, counseling, supporting and advising management and staff on employment related issues.
- Ensures that new employees are welcomed and adequately prepared to assume their positions.
- Creates and updates job descriptions for all positions.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes exit interview results, escalate findings and areas of concern to leadership.
- Creates updates to Employee Handbook to ensure fair and equitable treatment for all staff.
- Responsible for audit preparation requested by regulatory agencies: SED, OPWDD, DOL, DOH.
- Liaise with third party benefits administrator to negotiate affordable pricing for benefit plans.
- Ensures data integrity of HRIS system.
- Oversees HR processes including the escalation of employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified.
- Administers employee benefits programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, and benefit reimbursement programs and coordinates open enrollment periods.
- Facilitates on boarding: offer letters, criminal background checks, reference checks, and I-9 verification.
- Counsels management regarding performance management, disciplinary action, and terminations. Processes FMLA, disability, and worker’s compensation leaves.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resource Development or Human Resources Management
- Must have PHR or SPHR Certification
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are essential
- Must have 3 – 5 years experience in human resources management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with business partners and staff
Salary and Benefits
The League Education and Treatment Center provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] and put “Human Resources Director” in the e-mail’s subject line. The application deadline is March 22, 2019. No phone calls please.