July 18, 2019
HR Generalist / Manager
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The HR Generalist / Manager plays a key role in supporting CRE as it works to build a diverse and exemplary team, fosters continuous growth amongst staff, and deepens its impact with clients and their communities. Along with the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), this role will oversee full cycle recruiting and general HR operations as well as support talent management initiatives.
The HR Generalist / Manager will exemplify and promote CRE’s values, including our commitment to racial equity. This position will work to create, support, and maintain an environment of diversity, inclusion and equity, ensuring that this is reflected throughout CRE’s various policies and processes and evident in CRE’s culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Full cycle recruiting
Manage recruiting and interview processes to ensure that diverse, qualified candidates are hired, trained and supported.
- Work with management team to determine current and future staffing needs, and cultivate a robust and diverse candidate pool, talent bench and leadership pipeline
- Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, screen, schedule, reference checks, offer, onboarding, etc.) while completing hiring process within defined metrics including CRE’s protocol for promoting racial/ethnic diversity and equity
- Develop appropriate marketing strategies, define roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develop agreements to ensure an equitable, effective, and efficient recruitment cycle
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of diverse, qualified candidates
- Develop and manage new employee onboarding experience across organization
- Manage process to allow for continued growth, learning opportunities, and access to CRE’s client work in a way that is tailored to the needs of each individual and their role
B. Talent Management
In partnership with the DFO and the Chief Program Officer:
- Support the development of job pathways and learning within the organization
- Execute and maintain CRE’s performance management systems and processes
- Align standards of performance across various organizational standards of quality and supervisory expectations
- Align staff development and continuous learning with overarching organizational priorities and staffing plan
- Support supervision and supervisory practices
C. HR Operations
- Work with CRE’S DFO and staff members to update, develop, and streamline HR policies and procedures
- Support the research, comparison, and selection of all CRE benefits, including health coverage and retirement plans
- Manage HR requests and questions from staff including paperwork and liaising with benefits provider and legal counsel
- Collect, manage, and analyze human resources data and metrics gathered to inform and support staffing, supervision, and other HR decisions
- Support other HR requests as needed
Qualifications and experience
- Three to five years of human resources and talent management experience
- Experience building HR systems and processes in a startup or nonprofit environment
- Understanding of organizational development and capacity building
- Knowledge of and point of view on societal and racial inequities that frame the challenges CRE’s clients, staff, and partners encounter
- Self-awareness of social identities and how to manage dynamics of difference and power in interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- Strong knowledge of the sector, particularly nonprofits addressing poverty and social justice
- Commitment to high-quality work, productivity, and self-development
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to effectively and efficiently organize time and resources to accomplish work goals
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; able to synthesize data to recognize trends
- Insightful and creative in problem solving, with an ability to leverage diverse resources and opportunities to benefit CRE and its team
- Effective collaboration with colleagues to solve problems as they emerge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to articulate and present ideas effectively with presence
- Proactive and a can-do attitude
- A team player; collaborative, collegial, and supportive with a sense of humor
- Able to build interpersonal relationships across departments
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “HR Generalist / Manager” in the subject line.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act