About Riley’s Way Foundation
Riley’s Way Foundation (RWF) envisions a world in which kindness is celebrated and authentic connections are nurtured so that our youth become caring and empathetic leaders. We aim to create a youth-led movement that brings kindness to the forefront of what is important to youth and their communities. We do this by connecting, convening, and supporting youth to provide the inspiration, knowledge, and tools that help them lead with kindness and ultimately build authentic connections in and across their communities.
RWF was founded in 2014 to honor Riley Hannah Sandler and carry her spirit and love of life forward by instilling her kindness, caring, compassion, and empathy in others. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization overseen by a Board of Directors, including co-founders Ian and Mackenzie Sandler, and is staffed by two program directors.
Riley’s Way Foundation is hiring its first Executive Director (ED), who will lead the organization into its next phase of growth. The ED will be a strategic thinker and visionary, entrepreneurial leader who expands RWF’s programming and builds powerful partnerships that ensure effective delivery of high-quality, innovative programs while leveraging RWF’s unique assets. This leader will build on the momentum of the organization’s first three and a half years of successes to create a national movement that supports youth-for-youth initiatives that spread kindness and foster authentic connections amongst youth and their communities. Reporting to the Foundation’s Board of Directors, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RWF’s programs, staff, and internal operations as it works to achieve its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, effective program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve RWF’s strategic goals.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors that is involved with strategic direction for ongoing local operations and larger national expansion.
- Build the Board’s capacity for this work by recruiting new Board members with needed skill sets, knowledge, and networks.
- Lead, coach, develop, and supervise RWF’s high-performing staff team.
- Oversee operations of the organization, which includes working closely with the Foundation Co-Chairs, the Board of Directors, and staff on overall strategy, fundraising, finance, operations, and administration.
- Ensure effective systems to track RWF’s progress as it scales, and regularly evaluate program components in order to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Engage in continuous learning about best practices and peers in the field, and bringing new and innovative methods to the Foundation’s work.
Strategy & Impact:
- Support RWF’s growth as it evolves from a small but mighty start-up to a national organization that impacts youth and their influencers across the country.
- Further develop and oversee implementation of RWF’s strategy as it grows, maintaining a focus on strategy and impact while ensuring seamless execution.
- Ensure that RWF has an external local and national presence and communicates its program results with an emphasis on successes and areas of further exploration.
Development & Communications:
- Engage and cultivate a diverse set of stakeholders to support and advance the organization’s work; build and develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and in new markets to garner support and further develop the Board of Directors.
- Expand fundraising and revenue-generating activities to support existing and expanding program operations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations – with the goal of creating an even stronger brand and expanding RWF’s reach.
- Use current relationships to garner new opportunities and build support for the Foundation’s work by leveraging existing networks to generate new opportunities.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Riley’s Way. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience, as well as the following experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated commitment to, and passion for, RWF’s mission
- A self-starter and creative thinker who brings a proactive, can-do attitude
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to operations and business planning
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff, and of developing and implementing growth strategies that have taken an organization to the next level
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performing teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing and new Board Member relationships
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to prioritize and focus effectively across a wide range of responsibilities
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPA) with at least 10 years of management experience
- Ideally have some experience with youth development and/or nonprofit leadership
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Executive Director” in the subject line.
RWF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.