April 18, 2019
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The Executive Assistant will support the President & CEO and coordinate with our committed, experienced staff. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual who has the energy and commitment to help fuel and support our growth. It calls for a dynamic, motivated, thoughtful and organized professional who can support the President & CEO in her day-to-day work. The position provides a unique opportunity to work closely with the President & CEO and provide a high level of organizational and administrative support to her and CRE’s Board of Directors, as well as CRE’s senior leadership team as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to the social sector and CRE’s mission of strengthening organizations to reduce poverty, promote equity, and increase opportunity. They will exemplify and promote CRE’s core values, including our commitment to racial equity.
As the representative of the President & CEO to internal and external partners – including current and prospective clients, members of the press, CRE’s staff, and the Board – this person must have a keen mind, boundless energy, and the ability to focus on details while prioritizing and completing multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion. This position requires excellent writing, editing, and critical-thinking skills to produce work that is clear, concise, accurate, and well-organized. The individual must be proactive and take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions, and have the flexibility and resilience to help implement those solutions with a strong sense of judgment, discretion, and tact. Finally, this position has a substantial administrative component, making strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Serve as point person for the President & CEO, including managing all internal and external requests, questions, and materials going into and out of the Executive Office
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and/or visitors to the President & CEO’s office and ensure appropriate follow-up to requests
- Manage the President & CEO ‘s relationships with current and prospective clients and interface with CRE’s administrative and fiscal systems
- Perform all necessary administrative support to the Executive Office, including preparing expense reports, logging time, and filing key documents
- Manage and improve systems and processes on a proactive basis to enable the President & CEO to work more efficiently and productively
- Manage the President & CEO ’s busy calendar, schedule and prioritize appointments, and make travel arrangements as needed
- Manage and prioritize the President & CEO ’s to-do list, including monitoring deliverables and deadlines
- Organize all meetings and relevant materials for the President & CEO, senior team, andBoard of Directors
- Take minutes at meetings, prepare and distribute summary action reports, and monitor follow-up as needed with relevant stakeholders
- In the President & CEO ’s absence, monitor all communications and forward to the designated second-in- command as needed
- Provide insights on organizational support and be prepared to work with all CRE staff to implement organization-wide initiatives
- Draft, proofread and edit materials for distribution on behalf of the President & CEO
- Work collaboratively with staff to support the work of the senior team as necessary
- Coordinate and prepare reports and materials for all Board of Directors activities, including quarterly meetings and all committee meetings
- Serve as the point person for all Board of Directors communications and provide other administrative support related to CRE’s Board as needed
- Organize special events (e., staff meetings, staff retreats, senior leadership meetings), selecting venues, working with vendors, scheduling meetings, and preparing materials
- Partner with CRE staff in other departments and teams to plan, implement, and staff external events to further CRE’s visibility, thought leadership, and business development efforts (e.g., panels, fundraising events)
- Organize and maintain files for the President & CEO and organization
- As needed, provide back up support for CRE’s reception desk and conference center
- Lead/execute additional projects as needed
Qualifications and experience
- Experience providing administrative or other kind of support in a dynamic, high-energy environment preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple complex tasks and prioritize as necessary
- Flexible work style with the ability to manage tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Strong research and analysis skills
- High level of professionalism with attention to maintaining sensitive and confidential information
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions, exercising discretion, and knowing when to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A team player; collaborative, collegial, and supportive with a sense of humor
- Proactive and a can-do attitude, with a willingness to lend a hand wherever needed
- Knowledge of and point of view on societal and racial inequities that frame the challenges CRE’s clients tackle
- Strong problem solver and creative thinker
- Interest in and commitment to the nonprofit sector
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
CRE is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.