Position Title: Development Associate
Location: Resolution Headquarters at 420 Lexington Avenue, 16th Floor, New York, NY
Classification: Non-exempt, full-time
Reporting To: Director of Development
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $21-23/hour
About The Resolution Project
The Resolution Project (“Resolution”) is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution funds, mentors, and supports undergraduate students starting social enterprises in their home communities around the world. Over 450 Resolution Fellows, in 77 countries and 21 states across the U.S., are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief, impacting over 1.6 million people with their work. Their impact ranges from life-improving to life-saving, their leadership transforms what their communities expect of leaders, and their example serves as a beacon for other young people to see their own capacity for change. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors. We are now seeking an exceptional individual who is passionate about transformative leadership and the power of young people to change the world to join our growing team!
About the Position
The Development Associate will be an exceptional writer who will work closely with the Director of Development and Development Manager to support Resolution’s development activities, primarily through the creation of written materials. The candidate must be able to contribute to the creative growth of Resolution; help manage key development projects and processes; and develop a deep understanding of Resolution’s programs and impact. The candidate must have a flexible schedule, and be prepared to join phone and in-person meetings earlier and later than regular business hours, including some weekends, with appropriate compensation and/or schedule modifications.
Direct Fundraising Activities
- Develop, draft, and edit letters of inquiry, grant proposals, sponsorship and solicitation decks, and grant reports.
- Assist with the cultivation and stewardship of donors, primarily through producing written materials.
- Assist in development and implementation of email campaigns and social media fundraising.
- Develop quarterly constituent newsletter and other donor communications.
- Manage development collateral materials, including keeping inventory, and coordinating and assisting in the creation and updating of materials.
Administrative and Event Fundraising Support
Provide administrative support for development, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating, creating, and distributing donor materials including thank you letters, renewal packages, tax acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Coordinating follow-ups and financial receivables.
- Managing a comprehensive calendar of development-related events and timelines.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Events team for fundraising events
The Resolution Project seeks candidates who are results-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills. The Development Associate should have:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, or business development.
- Excellent written, copy editing, and oral communications skills.
- Vigilant attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to meeting high-quality standards on a tight schedule.
- Ability to work with a high-performing, entrepreneurial team, and flexibility in supporting team members (both professional and volunteer) and functions as needed.
- High level of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with leadership, as well as external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Passion for young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
- Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Experience with donor database software or a CRM/DRM preferred (Salesforce training available upon hiring).
- Friendly personality and a sense of optimism.
Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision coverage, transit check, FSA, and HSA options.
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected]. You must include “Development Associate” as the subject line of the email—please include how you found out about this opportunity. No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, family and medical leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.