July 18, 2019
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The Development Assistant will assist our Strategic Development team to manage outreach, communications, and logistics for CRE’s fundraising efforts. This role includes a variety of responsibilities including grant writing and reporting, database management, research, event planning, and administrative support. The Development Assistant position interfaces internally with program, marketing and fiscal staff, as well as with the President and CEO. Externally, this person may interface with the CRE Board, current and potential individual donors, corporate and foundation funders. This position reports directly to the Director of Strategic Development.
The Development Assistant will exemplify and promote CRE’s values, including our commitment to racial equity and social justice. Additionally, this person must possess excellent writing, speaking, critical-thinking, teamwork, and engagement skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage corporate, foundation, and government grant proposals and reports including online applications
- Draft cover letters, reports, and proposals
- Prepare supporting documentation for grants and government contracts, including budgets
- Gather supporting data from consultants, subcontractors, and internal systems for development/funder reports
- Continuously update CRE’s internal development calendar to ensure proposal requests, renewals, and report deadlines are documented and met
- Schedule and hold meetings with program staff to collect information for grant reports well in advance of due dates
- Enter and track Individual gifts as well as corporate and foundation grants
- Track gifts and grants in CRE’s development database and related spreadsheets
- Generate thank you letters and other correspondence in a timely fashion
- Prepare spreadsheets and reports
- Follow up on donor commitments
- Support year-end and other fundraising appeals
- Reconcile development data with fiscal department monthly
- Assist with fundraising events
- Support internal planning logistics for CRE’s 40th Anniversary Celebration (November 6, 2019)
- Track invitees and attendees, assist with invitations, make name tags, coordinate vendors, take photos, etc.
- Maintain mailing lists for events
- Conduct prospecting
- Conduct ongoing research on potential donor and grant opportunities for CRE
- Maintain a robust list of prospective donor opportunities
- Prepare materials as needed for meetings with prospective donors
- Maintain Salesforce development database; update for grants, gifts, thank you letters, meetings, calls, etc.
- Prepare PowerPoints and other presentations for funders and the board
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Provide front desk coverage and support (e.g., one day per week)
- Effectively carry out other projects and tasks, as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- B.A./B.S. degree, or demonstrably relevant experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with donor database systems; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to approach fundraising with an anti-racist lens, or willingness to learn
- Commitment to high-quality work, productivity, and self-development
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as necessary
- Strong writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- A team player; collaborative; able to build interpersonal relationships across departments
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems
- Committed and open to learning; open to asking for and giving feedback
- Evidence of interest in fundraising and development a plus
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.