January 28, 2019
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The Associate Consultant is a vital part of CRE’s consulting team. This role will assist client-facing teams as they partner with organizations to develop practical solutions to challenges and promote real change in communities. The Associate Consultant will also support internal projects that are crucial components in CRE’s impact, effectiveness, and growth. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to the social sector and to CRE’s mission of reducing poverty, promoting equity, and increasing opportunity.
The Associate Consultant partners with Consultants and Senior Consultants on client engagements, planning, and implementing a variety of consulting and training engagements. Working with a cross-section of clients, Associate Consultants – in partnership with a Consultant or Senior Consultant – will be accountable for achieving the outcomes and deliverables for each of those engagements. The Associate Consultant will also be responsible for supporting business generation; increasing CRE’s visibility in the sector; assisting in developing or expanding CRE’s programs and services; and continuous learning and sharing of new practices that deepen CRE’s expertise. The Associate Consultant will be expected to spend approximately 20% of their time managing internal projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Client services and sector impact – Supporting consulting staff in preparing, organizing, researching, and implementing:
- Consulting engagements, such as strategic planning, board development, diversity, equity, and inclusion, talent management, and other practice areas
- Leadership and professional development programs using peer-based learning, team facilitation, and training
- The design, development, and enhancement of program offerings and curricula
- High quality and professional work plans, reports, and documents
- Bids and proposals to clients for specific work engagements
- Business development, outreach and marketing of CRE through blogs, articles, presentations, social media, client cultivation, and networking
- The promotion of CRE’s offerings and special events
Contribution to CRE
- Ongoing contributions to CRE’s knowledge management system and, where appropriate, supporting the development and sharing of that knowledge externally (e.g., through blogs, articles, social media)
- Participation in internal projects and other internal activities (e.g. conduct research to support development of new practice areas) to help CRE advance its goals
- Active participation in staff development activities
- Adherence to CRE’s contracting and program policies and processes (e.g., time entry, budget management, relationship management, documentation)
Qualifications and experience
- Commitment to high-quality work and creating impact within and beyond CRE
- Insightful and creative in problem solving, with an ability to leverage diverse resources and opportunities to benefit CRE and its clients
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data in a clear and compelling way
- Cultural sensitivity in working with colleagues and clients
- Ability to effectively organize time and priorities to accomplish work goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to articulate and present ideas effectively
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, particularly nonprofits addressing poverty and social justice
- Proactive, can-do attitude with a sense of humor
- Open, collegial, and supportive with colleagues
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 1-2 years of prior work experience
Over time, it is expected that the Associate Consultant will:
- Become familiar with organizational development and capacity building
- Learn and develop proficiency within CRE consulting areas
- Become an effective facilitator of group learning activities
- Have an understanding of consulting strategies/interventions for clients
- Effectively manage projects with diverse stakeholders and resources
- Develop a strong client service orientation that includes approaching clients as partners
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “Associate Consultant” in the subject line.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.