The CRE Rising Fund 2018 awardees
July 12, 2018
Community Resource Exchange awards nearly $100,000 in pro bono consulting and leadership development services through the CRE Rising Fund
New York, NY – Today Community Resource Exchange (CRE), a nonprofit consulting firm, announced the awardees of the CRE Rising Fund, now in its fourth year. Six groups will each receive customized, no cost consulting services to better serve their communities and achieve their missions. In addition to the six nonprofits receiving pro bono consulting, this year CRE is also subsidizing the participation of emerging leaders in its High Performing Managers Initiative (HPMI), a leadership development program for nonprofit managers.
The six nonprofit awardees that will receive pro bono consulting services are:
- Black Agency Executives, a membership organization dedicated to the support and professional development of Black nonprofit senior executives who positively and purposefully impact the well-being of the Black community.
- The BLK Projek (soon to be known as the Black Feminist Project), a black feminist organization that harnesses the power of the local, good food movement to create economic development opportunities for marginalized women and youth, empowering them to combat food justice while creating viable pathways out of poverty.
- Building Beats, which provides DJ and music programs that teach entrepreneurial, leadership, and life skills to underserved youth.
- F.Y. Eye, which builds public awareness about important social, civic, and educational resources, programs, and messages by delivering high-quality, low-cost public service announcements throughout NYC and beyond.
- Kings Against Violence Initiative (KAVI), which seeks to protect and improve the lives of young people in low-income and underserved communities by preventing and eliminating interpersonal violence through advocacy, peer leadership, community mobilization, and social justice.
- New Sanctuary Coalition, an interfaith network of congregations, organizations, and individuals, standing publicly in solidarity with families and communities resisting detention and deportation in order to stay together.
Through the CRE Rising Fund, CRE staff consultants will partner with awardee organizations on engagements that include strategic planning, talent management, and business planning, as well as providing leadership skills and strategies to the emerging leaders participating in the HPMI program. Through the HPMI, participants strengthen their own management skills and form and deepen partnerships with peers in the sector. The HPMI, like other leadership development programs offered by CRE, also builds the nonprofit sector’s leadership pipeline.
“The work of these awardee organizations and emerging leaders is more important than ever in this current moment of legislative, funding, and structural change. These organizations and leaders are deeply committed to working toward positive change in their communities, and we are excited to partner with them in this work,” said Katie Leonberger, President & CEO of CRE.
The CRE Rising Fund launched in the spring of 2015 to provide pro bono consulting services to small, dynamic nonprofits in New York City. The fund aims to build upon CRE’s mission to serve New York City’s nonprofit community through accessible consulting services that strengthen organizations and create lasting positive impact for the communities and individuals they serve. It has grown from serving five organizations in 2015 to serving six organizations plus HPMI participants in 2018. It has served 32 organizations overall.
The CRE Rising Fund is made possible by generous general operating support donations from CRE supporters. To find out how you can contribute to the CRE Rising Fund, please visit this page.
CRE is a nonprofit consulting firm that provides the strategies and tools needed to build sustainable, high-performing organizations that improve people’s lives and drive social change. Today we are privileged to partner with nearly 400 organizations annually, large and small, that are working to create opportunity and catalyze change.
For media or interview inquiry, including interviews with an awardee, please contact:
Hannah Collins, CRE Marketing and Communications Manager
212 894 3383